Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Self Portrait Project

I recently joined in on a new Facebook group full of photographers, both professional and inspiring alike, where they, we, share self portraits. Not "selfies".....Self Portraits, ya know, portraits of one's self, that take thought, lighting, time, effort, maybe even some post photo editing.... not simply spur of the moment "Hey my face looks good, hair isn't a hot mess, I'll snap a photo with my cell" kinda thing. Don't get me wrong, those are nice, fun and can be perfectly appropriate too.

I started taking some yesterday. Last night actually. In my cluttered, dark living room. With light filtering in from my harsh kitchen florescent light wearing a scarf and my ugly glasses. See Below.



I took a few today. Another scarf, no glasses, no make up. Post processed/edited.


I love to see artwork "in process" which we often dont get to see in photography... so here is a before edit and after edit.

Anyway, if the weather wasn't blowing blizzard snows at 40 mph, I would be outside in the snow taking more photos. I can't wait to flex my creativity and of course, throw some horses in there ;)

I hope to practice my creativity, learn to love myself more and gain skills in lighting, posing and editing through this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment